As a mum, makeup artist, and PIXI creator, my life is bursting at the seams with inspirations & impressions. I live my life by the motto “live love & laugh” and whether I am working or focusing on my family, I try to infuse passion and creativity into everything I do. Here I hope to share with you some of my ideas of all things beautiful.
With love, Petra


Friday, October 19, 2012

Burgundy Bonanza


I think burgundy definitely is my favorite colour this fall – it feels fresh & new.

It's been a while since I’ve seen it used this much everywhere in every shade from a sheer wash of wine tint to the moodiest aubergine – here is some inspiration on how to use this stunning colour to perfection.



Burgundy lips – how to:
  1. Line just outside lips with a flesh toned pencil or concealer and even out the rest of the complexion to cut out any redness in skin. This is key, as any redness in the skin or eyes will be exaggerated with a red or burgundy lip.
  2. Line lips with lip pencil, lip marker pen, or lip stain, following the shape of your lips.
  3. Fill in lips (including on top of the liner / marker pen / stain) with chosen lipstick.
  4. Blot with tissue and re-apply lipstick, pushing it into lips.
  5. Finally, balance strong lips with a tonal cheek colour, glowing gold eyes & lots of mascara.

 

My wine-inspired collection for Clos du Bois!  


Classic & classy wine fingertips feel fresh this fall, after all the special effects, crackle, and who knows what else! My mother-in-law (a very classy Spanish lady) saw my bright turquoise nails this summer and screeched – horrible! Oh well, you can’t please everybody all the time :) She would, however, love my very classy wine-coloured nails now!

Find the nail colour in a kit along with a lip & cheek tint, lip gloss, and an exclusive makeup bag at http://www.closdubois.com/. 100% of the proceeds go to Step Up Women’s Network, a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering women and girls to fulfill their potential through mentorship.



Berry Beauty Must-Haves


Makeup in wine-oxblood-plum-cherry-maroon-berry tones – there are tons of shades to suit all, even the palest skin.

 


For everyday, the combination of flawless skin, berry tinted lips & black liquid eye liner is an unbeatable look this fall!
 

Find Pixi Flawless Beauty Fluid at: http://pixibeauty.com/complexion/flawless-beauty-fluid
Find Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm at: http://pixibeauty.com/lips/tinted-brilliance-balm


 

Cassis inspiration


I’m currently lusting over this candle that smells AMAZING, these perfect burgundy flats for the office and beyond, and this classy makeup train case that is both practical & adorable.

 
Find the shoes at: http://www.barneys.com/



Vintage find of the week – LOVE at first sight!

 

I found this dress at Punch Intérieur in Santa Barbara - http://punch.mysite.com/


 

Chic Street Style


Love this look!

This caught my eye in NY...
 
Find it at www.barneys.com

I used to have an Alaia catsuit (I know!) back in the day, and he was one of my first designers that I really loved. He certainly knows how to flatter the female body like nobody else. I saw Naomi Campbell in NY during fashion week wearing a stunning cream-coloured Alaia dress similar to the one above (by the way, she was drop-dead, turn-every-head-in-the-whole-restaurant-gorgeous!)


The last time I was traveling, I suddenly realized that my passport was the most stunningly perfect burgundy colour – soooo stylish!
 

Speaking of traveling, I am happy to say that I get to stay put for a while - at least until Halloween...be sure to check back for a fun, festive post!

No comments:

Post a Comment