As a mum, makeup artist, and PIXI creator, my life is bursting at the seams with inspirations & impressions. I live my life by the motto “live love & laugh” and whether I am working or focusing on my family, I try to infuse passion and creativity into everything I do. Here I hope to share with you some of my ideas of all things beautiful.
With love, Petra


Thursday, February 14, 2013

Vibrant Valentine's Day

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hopefully you have a date this week to celebrate - but if you don't, not to worry, neither do I! It's okay to sit at home and have a fun mani & pedi spa night OR try a new makeup look (whether or not anyone besides you will see it)!

 

SEEING RED

Matte or satin red lips go a long way if you're looking to perfect that classic beauty elegance!


Use a stay-put stain for a no-maintenance red - bonus for the matching nails that always make me smile :)

For a tooth-whitening effect, choose a blue-based red lip colour - this really works!


Try Lip Blush in Love - it's exclusive to our UK store, with very few left! Visit www.pixibeauty.co.uk to find, or email store@pixibeauty.com if you're in the US.


One of the hairstyles I'm loving at the moment is the top knot - it's the perfect hair to go with a fire-engine red lip. Make it as polished or disheveled as you want - adorable!


The ladies above certainly have this look down to perfection! Now I just need to try & master it!


A FLUSH OF LOVE


A cheek stain gives a natural-looking, budge-proof, long-wear result that is perfect for date night!

Find Sheer Cheek Gel in Flushed at: http://www.pixibeauty.com/cheeks/sheer-cheek-gel

How to:
  1. Dot 3 small drops of gel or stain in a triangle on the apple of your cheek. Best used on dry, clean skin, under tinted moisturizer.
  2. Blend quickly with index finger in circular movements.
  3. Dab what's left on your finger onto lips - lovely!

And what's better than a balm with a hint of red? Here are 2 favorites:

Find Tinted Brilliance Balm in Rosy Red at: http://pixibeauty.com/lips/tinted-brilliance-balm
Find Succulent Lip Twin in Poppy Red at: http://www.pixibeauty.com/succulent-lip-twin

The multi-taskers above can be used on lips and cheeks as well, for a coordinated flush. Pair with satiny skin & a few coats of mascara - so easy!


Now you're sure to be looking pretty & perked-up for any plans you may have this Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment