As a mum, makeup artist, and PIXI creator, my life is bursting at the seams with inspirations & impressions. I live my life by the motto “live love & laugh” and whether I am working or focusing on my family, I try to infuse passion and creativity into everything I do. Here I hope to share with you some of my ideas of all things beautiful.
With love, Petra


Monday, September 10, 2012

Fall 2012 Nail Colour Favorites


A new nail colour is always the perfect pick-me-up on a dull day, and these 3 new stunning colours are really a must this fall! 

This season I am in LOVE with jewel tones - they are so flattering as makeup, nail colour, jewelry (go figure...) and, of course, fashion!
 
From our Pixi Fall 2012 lineup, the cocoa is my personal favorite for a nice pedi. The amethyst is irresistible and looks so vibrant, but isn't an "in your face" kind of colour. Green is always in my top picks and I love how this one looks like emerald jewels.


Find Pixi Nail Colours at: http://pixibeauty.com/nails/nail-polish




CLASSY COCOA

As cocoa is an all-time favorite colour of mine, it's well-known that I only had one request for my car: it had to be the PERFECT CHOCOLATE COLOUR. All men in my life looked at me in total disbelief - you know what I mean, girls - but as it happened, I managed to find my dream on wheels and it matches my mani! 



Pixi Nail Colour in Classy Cocoa: http://pixibeauty.com/nails/nail-polish
 
Colour analysis: At first glance, it's the perfect chocolate nail colour. Look deeper to see that we mixed a deep cocoa pigment into a purple base and then, to give it a glow, added some gold pearl. The result? PEEEEERFECT!!!



AMAZING AMETHYST

It’s hard to imagine a more beautiful colour than amethyst, inspired by nature’s precious stone creations.  

Pixi Nail Colour in Amazing Amethyst: http://pixibeauty.com/nails/nail-polish

Colour analysis: Rich ultraviolet purple with pink & violet shimmer. Great for transitioning from summer brights into lush fall colours!




EVENING EMERALD

Emerald is one of the most stunning colours on earth! I believe that everyone looks fantastic with a pop of emerald - it lifts an outfit, a face, or in this case, a mani or pedi!

Pixi Nail Colour in Evening Emerald: http://pixibeauty.com/nails/nail-polish

Colour analysis: Deep jewel-toned green with a hint of complex gold shimmer. This gives it a sparkle when the light hits & really makes this colour special.



For a touch of creative nail art, try applying all 3 shades at once, one per nail - super easy & fun!




I’m off to fashion week in NY - always so exciting - and I can't wait to see these jewel tones all over the runway!

How would you wear our fall nail colours?

3 comments:

  1. All nail color looks super nice, I gotta try them:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know what you think when you get them!

      Delete