As a mum, makeup artist, and PIXI creator, my life is bursting at the seams with inspirations & impressions. I live my life by the motto “live love & laugh” and whether I am working or focusing on my family, I try to infuse passion and creativity into everything I do. Here I hope to share with you some of my ideas of all things beautiful.
With love, Petra


Monday, January 28, 2013

Terrific Taupe


Taupe is a grayish nude brown with a hint of purple. There are many shades of this colour & they are  the perfect neutral without being boring.

I have to admit, taupe is one of the all-time classiest colours – I LOVE it!



This taupe dress from Dior is elegant, yet still so fashion-forward.


Find this collection at: http://www.bellanottelinens.com/

This taupe-covered bed looks sooooo comfy!





Some more taupe inspiration – all of which you can buy at Target! How great is that?!


Taupe Makeup!


Creating a sultry taupe eye is simple – smudge Lid Last Shadow Pen in Gilded Mink all around the eye. The waterproof crayon has a gorgeous sheen that catches the light & creates impact without being too dramatic for daytime. For night, add some black liner & a few extra coats of mascara - lovely!




Find Nail Polish in Mink Grey at: http://www.pixibeauty.com/nails/nail-polish


Taupe is also great on nails – our Nail Colour in Mink Grey is the perfect neutral that is sophisticated & super versatile.




Diane Kruger’s eyes (above) are hypnotizing with a shimmery taupe on the lids & up into the creases and a bit of shimmery light pink added into the inner corners. So pretty!

Try our Shade Quartette in Shades of Taupe, from our Fall 2012 collection, to create a similar look.


This eyeshadow quad looks great on any skintone & illuminates all eye colours – every girl should own one!




Do you love taupe too? Tell me your favorite way to wear taupe in the comments section below!


No comments:

Post a Comment